In the refining process, massecuite, a dense mass of sugar crystals is mixed with mother liquor (the solution left over after crystallisation) and is heated up and cooled down using Massecuite Reheaters.
By reheating the massecuite, viscosity is reduced making separation of the crystal from the mother liquor in centrifugals easier.
Benefits of SRI Massecuite Reheaters include:
- Small foot print
- High heat transfer coefficient – due to the improved massecuite flow velocity
- Reduced water side scaling due to optimum selection of heating medium velocities
- Low pressure drop through heating bank
- Low to zero purity rise in massecuite mother liquor
- All welded construction
- Simple horizontal finned tube design
Contact SRI or our network of global affiliates for sales enquiries.